Thursday, June 5, 2008

I didn't know I had to go to the doctor so much...

I made my first doctor appt and they confirmed it. I was officially with child. Now I had this fragile being inside me and I was so terrified that I would do something to screw it up. I just knew that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant in the first place. That turned out to be wrong. So now I just knew that I would never be able to carry this baby to full term. I am quite petite and I just had an instinct that this first pregnancy would be a disaster. So now all I could do was stay healthy, not do anything risky or dangerous, and wait.

I also didn't know that there were so many blood tests involved with being pregnant. I had to get blood work done to know my blood type and to test for any diseases. I had developed this absolute fear of needles and was mortified when I was told to go right away for my blood work. I didn't want to think about it so I just went right over to the lab and did it. It was horrible. Little did I know that later in the pregnancy I would be an expert at giving my blood (glucose test..ahhh!!!!). I also didn't realize that I would be at my doctor's office every other day, or so it seemed. I hate doctor's offices. But again, I was an expert by the time all was said and done.

No comments: