Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cravings...

Other than "Are you feeling ok?", the most asked question I had when I was pregnant was if I had any cravings.

I didn't really have cravings. I ate a lot of bananas when I wasn't a huge fan of bananas in the past. But I wouldn't consider that a craving. There was nothing that I had to have immediately or I would have a meltdown. Smells didn't really bother me either. I guess I missed out on the opportunity to make my husband get up in the middle of the night because I needed olives. I should have made him do it anyway. But I didn't.

I ate a lot of fruit. I discovered fresh pineapple when I was pregnant. I had eaten the canned kind before but I was being adventurous and bought a whole pineapple one day. It was suprisingly less work than I thought it would be and it was so good. Again, I didn't really have a craving for it but it was something that was on my regular grocery shopping list for a few months.

I am normally a huge pickle eater. I used to eat tons of pickles but didn't really want them so much while I was pregnant. And now that I have had the baby, I still don't eat pickles very often. I guess your taste buds change.

My grandmother had a craving for ice shavings when she was pregnant with my father. She had one of those freezers that didn't defrost automatically. and would shave off the accumulated ice and eat it. It had to be from her freezer though. She didn't want shaved ice from anywhere else. Weird!

No comments: