Thursday, June 5, 2008

And the problems begin...

Well, my tests came back negative. I knew they would and I had no reason to belive otherwise but in the back of my mind I was relieved that I didn't have a hidden serious illness that would be passed on to my baby.

I also found out that I had A- blood. That meant that I had to have a special shot to prevent problems if my blood mixed with my baby's blood. I had thought this was a rare condition so in my head I just knew that the problems had just begun. I was getting prepared to have a complicated pregnancy.

After I got the shot, I was good for a few days. Then the bleeding started. I was only 9 weeks and was terrified. I was trying not to get attached in the first place because I thought that something bad was going to happen. But when I started bleeding, time stood still. I called the doctor and the ride to the office was slow and excrutiating. I couldn't imaging losing this little person that I was growing. The office wasn't far, no more than 15 minutes but it felt like an eternity. I cried a little, I found peace that whatever was going to happen was meant to be, I was angry because how could this be happening. And I hadn't even found out anything yet.

When I finally was up on the table at the doctor's office, they did an exam and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. But they sent me to have an emergency sonogram anyway to be sure. My husband and I drove to yet another doctor's office. I had a sonogram and was expecting to not see anything. But there it was on the screen, a little heartbeat, beating as fast as could be. My baby was still there! I was so relieved that I couldn't even understand the emotion of seeing the little flutter of the little tiny heart that was just beginning to develop. I am actually getting teary-eyed as I write this. They explained that I probably had a cyst that popped and caused the bleeding but that everything seemed to be ok. They gave me my due date of November 7th. So now I get to relax, right? Not so fast...

No comments: