Monday, June 23, 2008

Am I being a hypochondriac...

I was given probably 4 or 5 copies of the What to Expect book. I tried not to read ahead of my schedule because I was afraid that I was going to have every symptom and complication that I read about. I am not normally a hypochondriac but I didn't want to take any chances. Those books can be scary! There is a lot of information dedicated to what is happening to you and your baby if something is going wrong.

But as I read through it, I totally had all of the symptoms it was talking about. When it said I would be getting headaches, I had headaches. When it said I would have heartburn, I could breathe fire. I was comforted by the fact that this book knew everything that was happening to and in my body. And I was also comforted by the fact that I was supposed to be feeling these things. Then I decided it might be ok to read ahead a little so I knew what to expect. Ironic.

No comments: