Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby's first wedding part 2...

So my best friend's wedding was on Friday. The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner was the night before. Spouses and children were invited for the rehearsal. I had told my husband about it weeks ago and asked if he wanted to go. I know he doesn't usually like to go to things like that so I gave him every opportunity to say no. I must have asked him a dozen times. Each time he say he would go. Thursday morning he tells me he isn't going. I told him he had to go now because I included him in the count. I told him that they have to pay for the number of people they told the banquet hall would be attending and it was rude for him to not go. He said it was a buffet and he was sure there wouldn't be any food going to waste. I really couldn't believe that he wasn't understanding. It isn't the food, it is the fact that they have to pay for the people, even if they don't go because that is what the place would charge. He thought I was wasn't really mad but I was furious. He kept saying, "I know you aren't really mad". He must have realized it pretty quickly though because after he worked 1/2 day, he called and said he would go. Either that or he was hungry and knew I wouldn't be making anything that night. So we went, the three of us. The rehearsal was your normal rehearsal, nothing spectacular. But the dinner was excellent. The food was great. The company was even better. I had a great time and thought that if the rehearsal was any indication of how the wedding would be, then we were going to havea really good time the next day. Even my son seemed to enjoy himself, being passed along to everyone and getting a ton of attention.

The next day was the wedding. The girls would be getting ready at a hotel suite and I was supposed to be there at 10am. My husband didn't get out of work early and I ended up getting there at Noon. I was so panicked about being able to get ready in time that I threw some curlers in my hair while I was still home, even though my friend had hired to people to do hair at the hotel. It looked ridiculous. But I got there in plenty of time to get my hair done. Crisis averted. The limo wasn't picking us up until 4pm so I was a ball of nerves. My friend seemed calm and collected but my foot would not stop shaking. Maybe it was because I was nervous for the event but probably because our dresses were not there yet and there was a bridesmaid who was misssing in action. There is a whole drama about the dresses. She picked them out almost 2 years ago and they were ordered. Her colors were black and red. Her sister had an all black dress, I had an all red dress and the rest of the wedding party had dresses that were either black on top and red on the bottom or vice versa. When my dress came in months ago, it wasn't the right color. It was red but not the right red. So unbenounced to me, my friend ordered the same style as the other girls but in all red. It finally came in about 4 weeks before the wedding. I went in to try it on, nervous because when I was measured initally I was 3 months pregnant. So I had no idea if the thing would fit. It fit like a glove. But I am tiny so it was about 5 feet too long. All she needed to do was hem it. She wasn't done with any of the dresses the week before the wedding and promised that she would deliver them to the hotel at 1pm. Well, at 2pm I started to panick but I didn't want the bride to get upset, so I just kept it to myself. They finally showed up close to 4pm, just before the limo got there. And they looked perfect. The pictures were fabulous, the ceremony was beautiful and the reception was so much fun. It was the best wedding I had ever been too.

My son was there with my husband and parents. He seemed to enjoy himself too. There was a tiny little girl in a pink dress there too and they seemed to hit it off. They took turns shrieking in each others faces. It was adorable. But the he started to get sleepy so my parents took him home. He didn't even get to stay for the music. I was dying to see if he would dance but it was not meant to be. My parents took him home with them and it was his first night away from home. When we got home, the house seemed strangely empty and I missed him. I didn't even sleep in. I was up by 6:15am which is about the time he usually gets me up. I went to my parents house and they fed us breakfast. He did great overnight. My husband thinks that is invitation to have him stay there all the time. But I disagree. We shall see. Overall, baby's first wedding was an overwhelming success.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Thank you so much for your comment. And sorry you didn't get to see your little man dance. I'm sure it would have been priceless!