Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Baby's first wedding...

So my best friend is getting married on Friday. We have been planning this wedding for almost 2 years and I can't believe it is finally here. I think I am more nervous than she is, maybe because I have to give a speech. I hate public speaking, especially into a microphone. And I am not a super emotional person - I don't cry at movies or weddings. I have a feeling that I will cry while I am talking because of the nerves and maybe I will be emotional. I find that I am more emotional now that I have had a baby than I was before. I wrote out the speech and just reading it is fine but when I rehearse it in my head, I get the throat burn and teary eyes.

We had initially thought my husband's parents would watch the baby but then we decided that he would come with us. I don't necessarily want a baby at a wedding but my parents will be there so they can help watch him. Plus he is practically her nephew so I would think that she would want him there.

A couple of weeks ago we were trying to get the rest of the responses by phone for those people that didn't send back their response cards. One of her cousins said that he was bringing his 3 children. She was upset about it and made comments about it being and adult reception and she couldn't believe they would bring their kids uninvited. I was nervous to ask about bringing baby.

Then yesterday she said that I should just bring him. I hadn't said anything but she just brought it up. Now I feel much better and I have to go get him a suit. He is going to look so adorable. I am excited about his first wedding, especially because he likes to dance. I am concerned with how loud the music will be but my parents offered to take him home with them and he can stay the night at their house. It will also be his first night sleeping away from home. I have been putting that off for almost a year now so I should be ok by now. I was just hoping he would be sleeping through the night so my parents won't refuse overnight visits in the future. Hopefully everything will be fine.

No comments: