Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I think he has rhythm...

From pretty early on my son liked music. If he heard anything with a beat, he would move his little head. As he got older and was able to sit on his own, he would bop his head along with music. When I first noticed this, I would clap my hands to the music and he would get a silly smile across his face.

Then when he was able to stand up, he would bend his knees and bounce to the music. It seems that he likes the hip-hop and R&B most, probably because of the beat. I have tried other types of music and he won't dance to it. We have several music stations on our cable tv and if I turn one on, he will immediately stop what he is doing and start dancing. It is the funniest and sweetest thing I have ever seen. He will crawl over to some furniture, usually the couch, stand up and start bouncing. He started taking one hand and waving it along with the beat too.+

So far, in the 10-1/2 months that I have known this person that is part me and part my husband, I have learned that he loves electronics, loves music and seems to also love sports. He can throw a ball pretty far in a straight line. I don't know if this is typical of every baby but I am going to try to encourage these interests. All of these traits seem to come from his father. Hopefully he will also inherit my love of books and develop good study habits.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I would LOVE to see a video of the baby dancing!!