Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Planning a b-day party...

Who knew that planning a birthday party for a one-year old could be stressful. It isn't like I am planning a wedding. I am an only child and my father's side of the family lives all the way across the country. So my mother's family lives close-by and we have always held holidays and birthdays as a family with my aunts, uncles and cousins. Now that we are having babies, we celebrate the kids birthdays as well. Here is the dilemma. My cousins and I all had babies around the same time. One baby was born in mid-September, one was born at the end of October and the third was born mid-November. On top of that, there were already two other kids in the family - one born at the end of October and one at the beginning of November. I want a party for my son and they wanted parties for their babies and older children. We would be having 5 birthday parties within a couple weeks of each other. But my party was also to include my side of the family, my husband's side and our friends. So how would we handle all of this birthday madness?

What we decided was to have a "party" for the 5 kids on my side together. It would be just for us. We will go somewhere fun and we can visit and eat, exchange gifts and sing Happy Birthday. Then each of us would have another party for the rest of the people we wanted involved. So we will get together this weekend to celebrate as a family. Then on my son's real birthday, we will have another party with my husband's family and our friends.

For his real party we will be going to a pumpkin farm. They have food and goodie bags for the kids. There will be hayrides, a corn maze, a petting zoo, trick or treating, face painting. It should be fun. I am going to dress him up as Donald Duck. I can't wait!

No comments: