Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend outing...

So we had our "birthday" party this weekend with my cousins and their kids. We went to a pumpkin farm located about 1/2 hour from my house. I was shocked when we pulled up because it looked like an amusement park. I was expecting a field with a bunch of pumkins and some hay. I knew there were hayrides so I thought there would be a truck with hay in the back. Nothing fancy. But when we got there, there was a ferris wheel, a merry-go-round, and other rides. There were food stations, like at a county fair. There was a big warehouse that had a gift shop, a bakery, a haunted house. There was also a petting zoo with little goats and pony rides for the kids.

My little one LOVED the goats. He wanted to pet them but none would come near us. I guess they don't bother with you unless you have food. He was content watching them though. He also liked to just walk around and look at everything. I always tell him that he is being nosy because he is always staring at other people, fascinated by what they are doing. We watched the rides and the people.

When the rest of my family got there, we ate the carnival food. I got a hamburger and my husband got a chicken sandwich. There was a bad mayo incident so my husband didn't eat his sandwich. I started to give the baby some hamburger and he wouldn't stop eating. He practically ate the whole thing. When we were done eating, we decided to take the babies on some rides. We took them on the merry-go-round. I wouldn't have agreed to it if I knew there were no seatbelts. But the mom's stood and held the babies on the horses. It was small and didn't go fast but I wasn't expecting the horses to go up and down while the ride went in a circle. I think he had fun though. Then I took him on a little choo choo train. He absolutely loved that one. He could look at everything as it went by and everytime we got to my husband and parents, he waved. I can't believe he went on his first rides.

Then we got pictures with all of the babies on a huge haystack. The other 2 little babies aren't really mobile. My son is in the middle of them age-wise. One is a couple weeks older and the other is a couple of weeks younger. They sat nice and still while my little monkey was all over the place. We got the best pictures we could in that situation.

Then we went to the pumpkin patch which was just a huge area full of pumpkins for sale. We got another picture of all of the kids sitting on or among the pumpkins. Those came out great.

Overall, we had a great time. It was perfect for kids (there were two other kids ages 4 and 7). It was a beautiful day out, sunny and only needed sweaters and hats. We are having his actual party there in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to go back.

No comments: