Monday, October 27, 2008

B-Day Party...

I haven't posted in a while because I have been so busy at work, getting ready for vacation this week. So, we had baby's first birthday party this past weekend. He won't actually be one until the 30th but scheduling called for it to be earlier.

We went to a pumpkin farm that has hayrides, amusement park rides, a petting zoo, a haunted house, etc. I was looking for a place that would be good for a bunch of kids because we have lots of little ones ranging from 1 year to 8 years old. Unfortunately it was like a hurricane on Saturday. The grounds were muddy and slippery. The party was indoors though so that was good. Another stroke of luck was that there was a radio station sponsoring a trick-or-treat event right in the same building. So the kids came dressed up and everyone had a great time.

I got my son a birthday cake just for him. We all sang happy birthday and let him dig in. He didn't go for it right away so I gave him a little taste of the frosting. Then it was over. He was covered in cake. He LOVED it. Then I got some on my husband and he got some on me. It was almost an all out cake war. When he was done we got him cleaned up and opened presents. He didn't care one bit about the presents and just wanted to get out of his seat and walk around. He was fascinated by everyone in costume. All in all, it was a great first birthday party. I think everyone was too tired to worry about the rain and the outdoor activities anyway.

I just really cannot believe it has been one year. It is amazing how his little personality has changed so much in that year, from a little bundle that couldn't do much but give me gasy smiles to a little man who has a mind of his own. He is so independent yet he is so sweet and cuddly. I can't wait until he understands more of the world around him because I love to see the excitement and wonder in his eyes.

No comments: