Friday, June 18, 2010

Wow! It's been a long time...

Well it has been forever since I have posted anything. I guess that is what having two kids does to you. So my oldest is now 2 years, 8 months old and my baby is 9 months old. Time flies!

Remembering back about 10 months ago, my life was so very different. I was pregnant and ready to pop. With my first pregnancy, I had gestational diabetes and had to be extremely careful about what I ate. This pregnancy I was lucky enough to escape the diabetes but I was enormous. I am not a very big person to begin with and having a very large baby was no picnic. At 6 months pregnant, I was as big as I was full term with my first.

Because the baby was measuring large, the doctors wanted to induce me a week early. They thought that I probably did have diabetes but had (barely) passed my 3 hour sugar test so I wasn't "treating" it like I had with my first. I was scheduled to go in on Tuesday 9/8/09. On the Thursday before, I broke out in a rash on the back of my thighs. It wasn't a big deal and I assumed it was because of the hormones. By that evening, the rash had become itchy. Very itchy. By the next morning, it had spread to pretty much the entire lower half of my body. I scratched to relieve the itch but I could tell it was getting worse. By the next day, I had it all over my stomach in a spider web like pattern. I was so itchy that I would wake up from sound sleep just scratching. My skin was raw from all of the scratching, yet I couldn't help myself. The rash had grown together so it was like I had a second, raised, outer layer of skin. Nothing would take the itch away.

I researched online because all online information is so very accurate, especially medical information (NOT!). But that is what I did. I self-diagnosed a PUPPPs rash. Everything that I read said that it goes away soon after the birth. I was praying that was true because I couldn't take it anymore. I was huge and uncomfortable and now I had to deal with this. AHHHH!!!! I just needed this baby out!

No comments: